Wednesday, November 14, 2007

black light bowling and small favors...

i should've worn my yellow arm streamers out last night... the amazing ones that kari and i made a few years ago for brie's disco rollerskating party. they're in my closet. along with the rest of the costume... note to self... wear them out next time you go BOWLING.

last night i went bowling... and not in a sunset lanes a dollar a game kind of a way. bowling in new york is expensive and not nearly as awesome and/or trashy as it is anywhere else. you end up throwing down quite a bit of cash, only to get really intoxicated and bowl terribly, because you are drunk and they've got ALL THE LIGHTS TURNED OFF SO THAT YOU DISCO BOWL!! how in the ceiling's name am i supposed to hit anything and make the boys cry over my sheer brilliance at bowling if i can't see the effing lane markers? tell me that!

my bowling performance was tres terrible... but i had a blast, and got to spend a few hours with some new friends that happen to mostly be from seattle. two of the guys happen to be my down the street neighbors, and they both have really great girlfriends that i've gotten to befriend as well, so my 'group of new york friends' is expanding (thank god, i was beginning to wonder).

we all parted ways at about 11pm... a few of them staying behind to knock out a few games and attempt to beat their girlfriends at least once before leaving the building (ah the male ego), and i took the subway home.

i got home only to find a text message from one of my neighbors asking me if i'd made it home safely. this made me supremely happy. and it's totally my move. i'm always that friend that says 'text me when you get home so i know that you made it safely' (and believe me i'm mocked endlessly for this)... so it's nice to have someone else finally GET IT.

my right pinky finger is hurting today... another quality bowling injury.
well played dactyl!



carry on.

10 comments:

jennifer summer said...

OMG, I want to marry your shirt.

Also - LMAO at you being the only one to comment on my blog. I was using my Flickr account as my blog for the LONGEST time and apparently no one wants to move over to blogspot with me! Ha Ha. Most of the stuff I post on my blog I also post at Flickr and that's where everyone comments. But will you please continue to stalk me? I heart being stalked by hot blondes! ;-)

xoxo

new york dactyl said...

i have no desire to leave you, my dear. consider me your own private stalker.

and thanks, i love that shirt.

Karen said...

I can't see the picture.

Anonymous said...

thanks babe! Yes, we had to stay until I lost ... it took a few more games, but he left not 100% wounded. I have lost boyfriends by not letting them win before, and I will do it again. Glad you had fun!

Anonymous said...

i didn't mean to be anonymous ... i'm just still figuring out how to work this thing.

Amanda Mae said...

you look hot.

Anonymous said...

My lowest bowling score is an 11.

Anonymous said...

LOVE that shirt.


Diction-sucker.

new york dactyl said...

and i love YOU, heather!

Anonymous said...

you're purty...