Friday, February 29, 2008

coming out of the fog...

what is it about that first day after being sick (or hungover) that is so magical? all of a sudden, there's that little extra pep in your step. you want to listen to loud music at your desk and bounce about in your chair. or maybe that's just me? who knows.

eventhough i'm still blowing my nose every five seconds, these halls vitamin c "defense" cough drops are delightful, and i think i'm finally out of the woods. my ears are still plugged up, so i have to play my music louder than normal, but at least i WANT to play my music.

in fact, i've been rocking out to the playlist on my own blog all morning. just. can't. help. myself.

and if you feel like having a moment of awe, go read my friend stella's med school admission essay... i've never been more proud of her: read the magic of the kevlar

4 comments:

Jeremy said...

No it isn't just you. I'm coming out of my hangover now and I'm super pumped. I always get the burst of energy afterwards. That means the rest of my Friday is going to be super productive.

That was a very impressive essay too btw.

JUST ME said...

you didn't have that horrible nyc viral bug, did you?

I swear I almost died.

new york dactyl said...

yes.. yes i did. and i'm FINALLY done with it. thank the ceiling.

Miss Awesome said...

I think you're describing the exact feeling i feel for the few hours after I poop.