Wednesday, August 8, 2007

shmoop shmoop be boop de doop...

who the eff knows... whatever.

my dreams at night are usually the things of great adventure and romance, mystery and suspense, passion and idiocy. i can never be too certain when i wake up in the morning, if i'm remembering something that has actually happened, or if the mild bubbles of recognition are merely figments of my imagination.

so when i woke up mid slumber to the sound of thunder crashing and rain pounding at the windows and roof from all directions, watched as water gushed past my view horizontally, the sky lighting up with circadian flashes of brilliance, i forgot all about it by the time i'd fallen back asleep...mere moments later. i was only reminded of the occurence upon waking this morning, only to find that EVERY SUBWAY IN NEW YORK CITY HAD BEEN CLOSED DOWN DUE TO FLOODING. minus one train... that just happened to be the one that goes by my house. so after an hour of the hottest and most tightly packed subway cars ever, i made it into grand central station, and got to walk the ten blocks up to my office building. i've never seen so many confused and drenched and helpless looking people...and that's not even speaking of the tourists... the poor dears.

i have no idea why i took a shower this morning, because my sassy little outfit and hairdo were completely wet and crumpled by the time i got here... i have since toweled off and put on some workout shorts underneath my skirt to stop the friction from setting my body aflame, and this lovely iced coffee smiling at me from my desk, is the greatest thing EVER! EVAH!

lately i've been smattering my netflix queue (i swear i leave my house sometimes..ummm) with classic movies, and i've sort of found myself in love with doris day and have been watching all her movies. yesterday was the thrill of it all with james garner... i'm sorry but she is adorable and lovely and even the simplest and most stupid (and chauvinistic) storylines are made entertaining by her smile and challenging banter.

then i watched breach... and ryan phillipe is no longer good looking. he's gotten a little pudgy and really is just a bad actor. i haven't liked him in anything since playing by heart (which is one of my favorite movies of all time... mostly because jon stewart is in it), but that's neither here nor there. breach... is... disturbing, on a ton of levels, and mostly because it's about a true story/event. chris cooper is an amazing actor, that somehow is overlooked in general. i'm not necessarily going to recommend seeing it, but if you happen to, you should enjoy it... if you're breathing air in and out every day and aren't, in fact, dead.

i'm excited to go to the gym today... it's legs and tookus day. weeeeeeeeee!!

carry on xoxo tlc

No comments: